need help for tweet scraping

hello friend,, urgently need help...
i'm doing some tweet scraping but got little problem about it.. the problem is the data/ tweet that i get it's not a full tweet. this is the example

how to get full tweet ??
please help me

Please, check the FAQ: Tips for writing R-related questions and FAQ: What's a reproducible example (`reprex`) and how do I do one? to help us help you.

What :package: did you use to get the tweet ? What is your code ? What have you tried ?

Also have you check in R code outside the Rstudio viewer what is inside your data.frame ? It is possible that the viewer is cutting string for better readibility. Something like:

tweet <- #some get tweets function 

tweet$text[1]

this is my code

library(tm)
library(rtweet)
library(twitteR)
library(wordcloud2)
library(ggplot2)

setup_twitter_oauth('consumer_key','consumer_secret','token_key','token_secret')

data=searchTwitter('kurikulum 2013',n=300)

yuni.df<-twListToDF(data)
View(yuni.df)

saveRDS(data,file='yuni.rds')

komen<-yuni.df$text
write.csv(komen,file='@yuni.csv')
2 Likes

You seem to mix two scraping libraries: the "old" twitteR and the "new" rtweet.

The function twitteR::searchTwitter() is from the old package and its output is limited to 140 characters, like Twitter used to be in the days of yore...

To get the full 280 characters of the shiny new Twitter you need rtweet::search_tweets().

3 Likes

do you have any link that i can learn how to crawling twitter ??

The twitter API is rather friendly, and has been used in numerous projects and GitHub repositories. The best beginner friendly walkthrough that I know of is on the homepage of the rtweet package.

1 Like