New Project generates superfluous RStudio session

I am running R 4.0.0, RStudio 1.2.5042 on Ubuntu 20.04.

Every time I try to set up a new R package via New Project > New Directory > R Package using devtools, I end up with a superfluous RStudio session; there will be one session where the new package project is open, with the proper working directory set, and another that seems to be trying to have the new project open, but in my home directory, and the R session never starts in the console window (just "stop sign" icon forever).

It's a minimal issue I guess, as I'm not starting new packages multiple times per day or anything, but does anyone know why this happens or how to fix it? I also bring it up in case it's some sort of bug the devs might be interested in. (If it's the latter case, should I file an issue on the GitHub repo?).

New to the forum, so apologies if my question formatting or content isn't quite right for this venue. Hard to give a traditional reprex since there's no code involved, so I tried to outline the steps I take to generate the problem and the environment it occurs in as best I could. Let me know if you need any more info.

Have you checked if this problem also happens with the preview version?

If so, it might be worthy to file an issue on the github repo

I have not check with the preview, good suggestion! I will try that this afternoon.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.