New to R and having installation issues

Hi everyone, I am new to R Studio and have tried to install the software on a specific computer without any luck. The issue is that after the installer is completed, I get the basic screen with just the menu items. I get no dropdowns from the "File" "Edit", etc.

I have tried reinstalling R v3.5.1 and R Studio v1.1.456 independently several times to no avail, but I was able to do so in another laptop.

The configuration of the laptop with the issue is as follows:
Dell Latitude E5550
64 bit - 8 GB Ram

Can anyone please help?

Hi Max, welcome to the community! Are we sure that what's being opened is the RStudio and not the R application? Both have similar icons, so that may be causing the confusion.

Hi Edgar,
Im pretty sure its RStudio with the issue because I am able to open R and can access the program’s functions, but not so in RStudio

Hi Max, What operating system are you running by the way? I am assuming Linux or Windows? But instead of me assuming would be able to provide any more details. Did you see any messages at all pop up during installs...

When I work in windows I do the 'lock-down' manoeuvres sometimes and un-install the software before your reinstalling. I even go as far as inspect the file system for any extraneous left over files / folders hidden or not and delete them too.
HTH
Matt

Hi Matt, sorry for bot adding the OS to the post. Im currently running windows 7. The registry search sounds alike a good idea, thanks for that. If that does not work, maybe I will upgrade to Windows 10