Newest RStudio won't open

Hi there, first time poster. Thank you in advance.

I installed the newest version, RStudio 1.2.1335 - Windows 7+ (64-bit) but now when I try to open RStudio, I'm getting an application error stating "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

I click OK, the dialogue box goes away, and I'm stuck in a futile cycle. I can't seem to find any information on this online. RStudio 1.1.463 works when I revert back to that, but I think I'm getting compatibility issues with the older R 3.5.1 and a package, so I'd like the latest and greatest.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro with a 64-bit OS.

Thank you for any assistance or direction you can provide.

Have you tried reseting Rstudio's state?

Thanks for your reply! I have not tried this, however I'm not sure this will help me run RStudio 1.2, especially since I only use openaccess R products and am ineligible to submit a support ticket. I may as well try though, so thank you.

I'm not following you with this, why you need to submit a support ticket in order to reset Rstudio's state? You just have to delete or rename a folder.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.