No longer able to call and or save R documents via RStudio

RStudio Community

As of the release of RStudio version 1.2.1335-1 (April 8th, 2019) I am no longer able to load *.R or *.rmd files and consequentially I continue to run version 1.1.463 on a work computer via an external drive. When trying to load a file I receive an Error while opening .... Access is denied. If I start a new R or R notebook file and then try and save it I get a Confirm Change File Type error ... This file was created as an R script however the file extension you specified will change it into another file type that will no longer open as an R script. Are you sure you want to change the type of the file so that it is no longer an R script? -- Yes -- Error Saving File. The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. This problem does not occur in any version of RStudio prior to and or including 1.1.463.

Jeff

Did you already look at RStudio Issues?
Maybe this is a known issue for your operating system.

Update: mentioning the same
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
in issue 6587

Thought I had fixed the issue but nope. any version later than 1.1.463 errors out

Jeff

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.