Not able to import bulky data in r studio

I am doing google data analytics capstone project and i am not able to import the required data which is quite bulky . is it because of the RAM of my laptop which is 2GB? if yes , is there any other alternative solution to complete my project because at the moment i have only one laptop please suggest me something .

You could rent a cloud computing service like AWS or Google Cloud with more RAM memory just for this assignment (they charge per hour) or you could consider on-disk approaches like using an RDBMS (e.g. SQLite, duckdb, Postgresql, MariaDB, etc) or Apache Arrow with partitioned Parquet files.
We can't give you any specific advice because we don't know what specifically is that you want to do with your data.

How big is the data?

Do you need all of it at once, or can you analyze a little at a time?

If the data set is too large to load but you only need a piece of it, you might find another computer with more memory to use one time. Download the data and then select only the data you need. Save that subset and bring the subset to your laptop for further processing.

I am experiencing the same issue with mine too but my laptop is 4gig ram, so I don't think that's the issue because it keeps bringing back an error.

hotel_bookings <- read.csv("C:\Users\HP user\Downloads\hotel_bookings.csv")

Error in file(file, "rt") : cannot open the connection
In addition: Warning message:
In file(file, "rt") :
cannot open file 'C:\Users\HP user\Downloads\hotel_bookings.csv': No such file or directory

please kindly help as I need to practice with this dataset before working on the google data analytics capstone project which I must complete in the next 24 hrs.

Yours is not the same problem, from the error message you are posting, it seems you are simply making a mistake while specifying your file path

Solved the issue, thanks

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.