Not able to install packages MicrosoftML and mrsdeploy in R studio

Hi all, I am trying to deploy R code onto server. But for I think we need to install both MicrosoftML and mrsdeploy. But I get an error while trying to download

install.packages("MicrosoftML")
Installing package into ‘C:/Users/vinay/Documents/R/win-library/3.5’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
Warning in install.packages :
  package ‘MicrosoftML’ is not available (for R version 3.5.2)
```
install.packages("mrsdeploy")
Installing package into ‘C:/Users/vinay/Documents/R/win-library/3.5’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
Warning in install.packages :
  package ‘mrsdeploy’ is not available (for R version 3.5.2)

Please guide

I believe those packages are only available for Microsoft R Open not for regular R, so they are not available on CRAN repositories, could you explain what are you trying to do with them?

I am trying to deploy my R code onto Microsoft server. Or could you guide me what is the best way to solve this.

The problem is I have huge dataset. Importing in R and performing the operations is very slow because of size. So I thought of running on Virtual machine like AWS or microsoft server.

Please share your thoughts?

Parallel processing capabilities make Microsoft Open R a tempting option but the downside is incompatibilities with the regular R ecosystem, if I was you I would load my data into a sql server and work using dbplyr, or if the data is even bigger, I would load it into a spark cluster and work with it using sparklyr + apache arrow.
Any of this options could be implemented on cloud computing services like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Computing, etc.

1 Like

Perfect. Appreciate if you have any material to study this integration. Because I am not from technical background (computer science). I am not sure as which article (in google) is best for this. So request you to guide me in understanding this concepts well

A post was split to a new topic: What is the difference between working on R directly and working with sparklyr?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.