Paid / Nottingham, UK (remote/ hybrid is fine) / Full time, fixed term
We're building the future of text analytics for patient experience data at Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust, and open sourcing it so everyone can use it. This post supports a team working on an NHSE funded project to build and deploy text analytics for patient experience data for several pilot trusts, with a view to recruiting more as the work matures.
We need your skills in Python, text mining, machine learning, deep learning, and everything else that's needed to make reliable, accurate, performant models that can read and theme text data. We use R and Shiny on the frontend and Python and MySQL in the back, and you can see the code here
- GitHub - CDU-data-science-team/pxtextmining: Text classification of NHS patient feedback.
- GitHub - CDU-data-science-team/experiencesdashboard: Shiny dashboard visualising and analysing patient experience data from NOTTSHC
The team are fully hybrid and this post can be offered on a remote basis.
Please feel free to ask questions, contact details can be found on the job advert page
- Assisting with the deployment of the text mining system in the cloud for access by partner organisations
- Development of text mining algorithms
- Carrying out, feeding back, and acting on the results of user testing
- Analysing and suggesting ways to improve the algorithms and dashboard implementation
- Helping team members and the wider Trust and partner organisations to develop skills and understanding in the development, deployment, use, and interpretation of text mining algorithms in a patient experience context
- Assist with the development and testing of user documentation for the Shiny application
We have a huge variety of opportunities in our expansive Trust covering geographically from South Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire to Leicester, providing mental health inpatient and community services, community health services, forensic mental health services and secure prison healthcare across the East Midlands.
We have more than 100 sites and a huge scope of unique opportunities to develop your career and gain some amazing experiences. We strive to be a great place to work and offer many staff benefits and tailored staff support and wellbeing programmes.
Do you want to make a difference?
Do you believe in Trust, Honesty, Respect, Compassion and Teamwork?
Then Nottinghamshire Healthcare is the perfect place for you to start, maintain or further your career. Join our team of nearly 9000 who are making a difference every day. We are all about our people – our staff, volunteers, carers, service users and patients. We are NottsHC.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter @NottsHealthcare
We are a small and friendly team of data scientists with expertise in RAP/ data pipelines, forecasting, statistics, and Shiny. Our team believes in using open source data science to make the world better and you will see on our GitHub that we share as much of our work as we can.
Two of the team are senior fellows in NHS-R and if you join this team you will be part of a large and thriving national community of data scientists using R and Python in healthcare.
The job will involve writing and deploying text mining and machine learning algorithms as part of a team building models for use anywhere NHS organisations collect patient experience data.
For more details please refer to the job description
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Continuing Professional Development
- Post graduate qualification or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience of writing and maintaining code, especially R or Python, for data analysis
- Experience of statistical analysis or machine learning
- Experience of preparing reports on data
- Experience designing and programming dashboards (e.g. using Shiny or Dash)
- Experience with reproducible reporting
- Experience preparing public health and epidemiological focused analyses and reports
- Advanced knowledge of statistics or machine learning
- Ability to extract information from databases/datasets to help understand a process or solve a problem and make informed recommendations based on detailed data insight
- Knowledge of Linux terminal and server maintenance
- Knowledge of public health and epidemiological approaches
- Excellent numerical/statistical/ skills
- Excellent skills with R/Python or similar for data analysis
- Ability to identify and fix bugs in code
- Strong team working skills
- Ability to manage own workload
- Ability to build positive relations within and outside the organisation, with health professionals and managers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to write documentation and deliver training
*The closing date given is a guide. We reserve the right to close the post early once we have received a sufficient number of applicants, so we advise you to submit your application early to prevent disappointment.
*We will be requesting references by email. Please ensure you include email addresses and contact numbers for your referees to avoid delay in the recruitment process.