Paid / Nottingham, UK (remote/ hybrid is fine) / Full time, fixed term
We're building the future of text analytics for patient experience data at Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust, and open sourcing it so everyone can use it. This post supports a team working on an NHSE funded project to build and deploy text analytics for patient experience data for several pilot trusts, with a view to recruiting more as the work matures.
We need your skills in R/ Shiny, user testing, UX, UI development, visualisation, and everything else that's needed to take machine learning algorithms and make them useful, legible, and accessible to endusers throughout the country through a web browser. We use R and Shiny on the frontend and Python and MySQL in the back, and you can see the code
- GitHub - CDU-data-science-team/pxtextmining: Text classification of NHS patient feedback.
The team are fully hybrid and this post can be offered on a remote basis.
Feel free to ask questions, contact details are on the job advert page
- Producing a frontend/ dashboard implementation of the text mining system for use by partner trusts
- Assisting with the deployment of the text mining system in the cloud for access by partner organisations
- Carrying out, feeding back, and acting on the results of user testing
- Analysing and suggesting ways to improve the algorithms and dashboard implementation
- Helping team members and the wider Trust to develop skills and understanding in the development, deployment, use, and interpretation of interactive dashboards produced with Shiny
- Assist with the development and testing of user documentation for the Shiny application
We have a huge variety of opportunities in our expansive Trust covering geographically from South Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire to Leicester, providing mental health inpatient and community services, community health services, forensic mental health services and secure prison healthcare across the East Midlands.
We have more than 100 sites and a huge scope of unique opportunities to develop your career and gain some amazing experiences. We strive to be a great place to work and offer many staff benefits and tailored staff support and wellbeing programmes.
Do you want to make a difference?
Do you believe in Trust, Honesty, Respect, Compassion and Teamwork?
Then Nottinghamshire Healthcare is the perfect place for you to start, maintain or further your career. Join our team of nearly 9000 who are making a difference every day. We are all about our people – our staff, volunteers, carers, service users and patients. We are NottsHC.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter @NottsHealthcare
We are a small, friendly team of data scientists with diverse expertise in RAP/ data pipelines, forecasting, statistics, Shiny, and text mining. Our team believes in using open source data science to make the world better and you will see on our GitHub that we share as much of our work as we can.
Two of our members are senior fellow in NHS-R and if you join this team you will be part of a large and thriving national community of data scientists using R and Python in healthcare.
The job involves building dashboards and reactive interfaces to allow users to add, edit, and interact with text based experience data as part of a national project to produce a text mining system that can be used by the whole NHS.
For more details please see the job description
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Continuing Professional Development
- Post graduate qualification or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience of writing and maintaining code, especially R for data analysis/ web application development
- Experience of interpreting and analysing complex information and presenting it in a simplified manner
- Experience of designing and delivering training to small groups
- Experience with setup and maintenance of Linux server
- Knowledge of Linux terminal and server maintenance
- Excellent numerical/ statistical/ skills
- Excellent skills with R (especially) or Python or similar for data analysis and interface design (e.g. Shiny)
- Ability to identify and fix bugs in code
- Strong team working skills
- Ability to manage own workload
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to build positive relations within and outside the organisation, with health professionals and managers
- Ability to concentrate when carrying out detailed analysis over sustained periods
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Ability to write documentation and deliver training
The closing date given is a guide. We reserve the right to close the post early once we have received a sufficient number of applicants, so we advise you to submit your application early to prevent disappointment.
We will be requesting references by email. Please ensure you include email addresses and contact numbers for your referees to avoid delay in the recruitment process.