Only create a server module /function without the UI part in R Shiny

Is it possible to create a Shiny module/function without the UI part? I only want to create the server part as there is no UI that corresponds to my server function. I only see documentation with UI and Server together. It would be great if you can point me to documentation with only server functions/modules and how to implement them in a Shiny app. Thank you!

If you don't need a UI then a Plumber API would be a better fit.

Thanks for the resource. I meant that the part of my Shiny server does not need a UI part that I want to modularize/turn into a function. Certain parts of the app need UI parts.

Anyway, as I was typing out my question I was able to formulate my question better and refined my search. That post on SO was helpful: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46849786/how-to-define-a-function-that-calls-shiny-functions

Also, it is a bit confusing using object()$element_in_list for functions versus object$element_in_list() when using modules when using the returns in other reactive parts (just a side note)

You would get better answers if you provide a reproducible example (reprex) illustrating your issue? Please have a look at these resources, to see how to create one for a shiny app

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.