Optimizing robotic palletizing equipment

Hi

I am new at this forum, and am not sure if this is the right place to post my question, but her it goes.

I am working at a factory that uses a robot for stacking boxes on pallets.
The workstation has 8 pallets placed at different positions around the pickup point, and hence different movement distance and time to place a box on each pallet.
Each pallet has a maximum of 9 layer´s with a total of 27 boxes on each pallet. The robot counts how many boxes it has put on each pallet, and uses the shortest traveling movement to place each box, only lifting the pickup tool high enough to clear the pallets between the pickup point and the designated drop point. However if there is a nearly full pallet next to the drop point, it will have to lift the tool to maximum high to clear the boxes on the pallet next to the drop of pallet.
We typical have 21 different products on the production line at any given day, and select the 8 products that are most frequent on the robot palletizer while the rest are palletized manually.
The main products are usually in a percentage of 32% prod no 1, 26% prod no2, 15% prod no3, 10.7% prod no4, 10.1%, 5% prod no5, 3.5% prod no6, 3% prod no7 and 2% prod no8.

The percentage of the products vary from day to day and are not always the same.

To be able to prioritize the most efficient selection of pallet places for each product, I would like to set a calculation up in R, where i could feed the daily percentages in, and get the optimal placement of each product on the robot pallet places, and thereby optimizing the use of the robot.

Can anyone help me with setting this up?

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.