P-value is equal to NaN in covmtest

I have a dataset that has daily data about Covid19 for many countries. I want to group them in such a way that the first country has the number one, the second country has the number two and so on. For this I have wrote the below code:

list_of_countries = unique(final_dataset$location) #the number of countries in the dataset is 145

final_dataset$group = NA

for(i in 1:length(list_of_countries)){

country = list_of_countries[i]

start = 1

while (final_dataset$location[start]!= country) {

start = start + 1
  }

while (final_dataset$location[start] == country & start<=nrow(final_dataset)) {

final_dataset$group[start] = i

start = start + 1  
  }
}

I have done this successfully. Now, I want to check if the covariance matrices which correspond to the countries of the dataset are statistically equal.In other words, I want to check if the 145 covariance matrices are equal. I have found the covmtest() function in order to do this. So I wrote the below code:

covmtest(x = as.matrix(final_dataset[, 5:20]), ina = as.matrix(final_dataset[, 21]), a = 0.05)

and I got the below output:

M.test  p-value       df critical 
 NaN      NaN 19584.00 19910.66

I don't know why the p-value is NaN. I have searched a lot and I haven't found the solution yet. Does anyone know how to solve this error?

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.