package: dplyr - problematic and not running functions

Hello - the package 'dplyr' seems to be quite problematic.
I have installed and called it, only to receive this message:

library(dplyr)
Error in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[j]]) :
there is no package called ‘pillar’
In addition: Warning message:
package ‘dplyr’ was built under R version 3.3.3
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘dplyr’

Any help to solve this issue would be highly appreciated - thank you! M.

Try running install.packages("pillar") and then re-installing dplyr.

The error you are looking for is here:

Error in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[j]]) :

Still not working - I install 'pillar' and re-run 'dplyr' to find the same message. It is becoming quite complex to run a function that worked just fine a short time ago.

install.packages("pillar")
library(pillar)
Error in library(pillar) : there is no package called ‘pillar’

library(dplyr)

This implies that you have not successfully installed pillar, so you get any error message while trying to install?
Also, it seems like you are using a very old R version, this usually brings this sort of problems, I would recommend you to update R to the latest version.

I have updated R, I have checked and updated all related packages. I have installed/ran the pillar package to no avail.

I have even restarted R after these updates but with no change. My console reads this after installing pillar and then dplyr:

library(plyr)
library(dplyr)
library(pillar)
Error in library(pillar) : there is no package called ‘pillar’

This suggest that either you have not updated R or that you have selected an older version, current version is 3.6.1 and it seems like you are using 3.3 version.

What is the complete message do to get when you run this command?

install.packages("pillar", repos='http://cran.rstudio.com/')

What is the result of running?

.libPaths()

Do you have modified your Rprofile.site file or do you have a .Rprofile file in your working directory?
If so, what is the content of that file?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.