Package installation error

RStudio Community

Lately I have started receiving the following error when loading R packages ...
Error: package or namespace load failed for 'package name' in rbind (info, getNamespaceInfo(env, "s3methods")): number of columns of matrices must match (see arg 2) ??????

I'm no longer able to knit R Markdown or Notebook files either.

Any suggestions?

Jeff

Do you have recently updated R itself in your system? also, What are your Operating System R and RStudio versions?

Its on an IT controlled network, but yes R Studio was updated to version 1.2.1335, and R version 3.5.1. Trying to get that updated to 3.6.0

Jeff

On what Operating System? After updating R, have you updated your packages with checkBuilt = TRUE?

update.packages(checkBuilt=TRUE)

Operating System: Windows 7 Enterprise, Service Pack 1. Running the command presently but noting is happening. But then our networks is "wanting." :slight_smile: So it my take some time.

Now R wasn't or hasn't been updated only RStudio does that make a difference.
Also is this command similar to updating packages through the Package Tab - Update via RStudio?

I wrongly understood your answer, if you haven't updated R, then that is not the cause.
The command I gave you does only make a difference with the package tab if you have updated R recently.

Only RStudio has been updated

Maybe some files got corrupted for some reason, if this only happens with some packages try removing and reinstalling those specific packages, if this is happening with all your packages then I suggest you to start fresh with a clean R installation (i.e. remove your previous R installation including packages and start again)

YEs that is what I've asked our IT folks to do . We shall see.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.