Package list error in Rstudio


#1

Everytime I start or restart RStudio, I seem to have an error when it looks at the list of packages.
This text will be hidden

Error in (function (..., row.names = NULL, check.rows = FALSE, check.names = TRUE,  : 
  arguments imply differing number of rows: 263, 262

This error shows up practically everytime I try install a package or look at the list of packages in the Rstudio "packages" frame. The only time I've been able to get rid of it is when I start with a fresh user library. This makes me suspect that there is some package that isn't being registered appropriately. I'm not even sure how to debug this.

How to recreate:

Help?


#2

I've no idea about the cause of the error, but in terms of debugging, I would go down the following route:

Run

.libPaths()

to see the different directories that R looks at.

Then I would gradually build the number of directories checked up by using the R_LIBS environment variable in the .Renviron file. For example,

  • Set R_LIBS=FIRST_DIR_LIBPATHS
  • Set R_LIBS=FIRST_DIR_LIBPATHS,SECOND_DIR

Unable to install olsrr in RStudio but I can install it in R
#3

I was able to get a traceback on the error. And it looks like one of the packages that I have installed is missing a "Title" element. I'm not really sure how to adjudicate which!

https://pastebin.com/Q3yWM9H4


#4

I figured this out. Basically, one of my custom packages didn't have a Title field in it's desciption file. I fixed that and the error went away.