pandoc error when knitting - relaunching the project doesn´t work

Hello everyone,

I am new to RStudio and using RStudio Cloud. Today I started my project, wrote two sentences and wanted to "Knit". All I get is:

I found an older conversation about this topic, which exactly describes my problem.
(pandoc error when knitting .rmd)

It is suggested to relaunch the project. If I do so, it just says "Preparing Project" and isn´t loading.

Is there anything else I can try? Another classmate of mine is facing exactly the same problem, but with another project.

I am also getting this error in my projects and my students' projects. This does not look like something that is fixable from the user end.

I'd suggest contacting your instructor to let them know about the issue, especially if they are paying the instructor fee and can open another official support ticket on the issue.

We found a solution now. If you change the R-version in the upper right corner (below your name) from "R 4.1.3" to "R 4.2.1", you are asked to install some packages. After doing so everything works as it used to.

Sorry for the delay. We recently upgraded the version of the RStudio IDE used by RStudio Cloud and accidentally introduced a bug with pandoc. The bug was fixed a couple days later but there was a brief window (a little over a day) where the error you saw would have happened for some projects.

Sorry for the issues this caused and the delay in responding.

thanks
sam

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.