Please help me with factors in R and data

Hello
I have a problem, I have been trying for a day to find some syntax or script that helps me how to process my data.
I have 5 columns
"EXTRACT" "concentration" "species" "strains" "halo"
"EXTRACT" is a factor that contains "Piper" "Equisetum" "Bixa"
"Concentration" is a factor that contains "200" "400" "600" "800" "1000", "Concentration" is related to "EXTRACT", for example, "Piper" has the concentrations "200" "400" " 600 "" 800 "" 1000 ", same for" Equisetum "and" Bixa "
Likewise, each concentration, has in "strains" 3 factors that are "1", "2" and "3" thus in this way the concentration "200" has strains "1", "2" and "3", and for each strain there are 5 data.
My problem is that I do not know how to process this table, this data is from an experiment to evaluate the effect of a plant extract on a bacterium, the extract is used in 5 concentrations and each concentration is used in 3 different strains of the bacterium Each strain has 5 data points ("halo") because each confrontation between the extract and the bacterial strain must be repeated 5 times.
I do not know how to make RStudio process the information giving me the average of the halos classifying them according to strain, concentration and extract.
I hope I have been understood, sorry for the inconvenience, thank you

library(tidyverse)

group_by(your_df,
         EXTRACT,concentration,strains) %>%
summarise(mean_halo=mean(halo,na.rm=TRUE))

Thanks, greetings from Peru
the command worked perfectly

Previously I tried with this command
group by (DF, EXTRACT)%>% group_by (concentration)%>% group_by (strains)%>% summarize (mean_halo = mean (halo, na.rm = TRUE))
if it wasn't too much of a hassle, could you explain to me why it didn't work out
Thank you

Each time you use group by you change the groups
I.e. you only grouped by strains

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.