Please I need an answer ,,, why access is denied as well

please guys I want to solve this issue but I was not able to do it. I am using my university PC

this happened to me

install.packages("devtools")
WARNING: Rtools is required to build R packages but is not currently installed. Please download and install the appropriate version of Rtools before proceeding:

https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/Rtools/
Installing package into ‘\dundee/media/apps/Other/Rsoftware/library/3.5.1’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
Warning in install.packages :
'lib = "\dundee/media/apps/Other/Rsoftware/library/3.5.1"' is not writable
Warning in install.packages :
path[1]="//dundee.uni/users/Students/Research/s/SZAlqahtani/My Documents/R/win-library/3.6": Access is denied
also installing the dependencies ‘credentials’, ‘zip’, ‘gitcreds’, ‘diffobj’, ‘rematch2’, ‘gert’, ‘gh’, ‘rappdirs’, ‘processx’, ‘brio’, ‘ps’, ‘waldo’, ‘usethis’, ‘callr’, ‘cli’, ‘covr’, ‘DT’, ‘ellipsis’, ‘httr’, ‘pkgbuild’, ‘pkgload’, ‘remotes’, ‘roxygen2’, ‘rstudioapi’, ‘rversions’, ‘testthat’, ‘withr’

There is a binary version available but the source version is later:
binary source needs_compilation
waldo 0.2.4 0.2.5 FALSE

access is denied whyyy please

trying URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/contrib/3.6/rms_6.1-1.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 2171509 bytes (2.1 MB)
downloaded 2.1 MB

Error in install.packages : path[1]="\dundee.uni\users\Students\Research\s\SZAlqahtani\My Documents\R\win-library\3.6": Access is denied

R has problems working with network drives, I would recommend setting your package library in a local folder instead.

You can change the default library folder by setting your R_LIBS_SITE environmental variable on a .Reviron or .Rprofile file

# In a .Renviron file you can set it by adding this line
R_LIBS_SITE="C:\\Program Files\\R\\R-4.0.3\\library"

For a more detailed explanation, you can read this blog post

thank you . it works with changing the local library

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.