Plot_ly graph not rendering in shinyapps.io

I am new to this group, but could use some collective wisdom. I built a Shiny app that has a simple user interface, dynamic text, and a plot_ly scatterplot. It works perfectly on my local servers. When I pushed it out to shinyapps.io, everything works correctly except that the plot_ly graph won't render. The error provided is one that I programmed custom, suggesting that there's an issue with the data. However, given that the dynamic text and interface work properly, I can rule that out. What is the best way to ferret out any little-known codicils that might interfere with rendering plot_ly on shinyapps but not on my local server? Note, the log says nothing about missing packages, and I've added graphics.off() and pdf(NULL).

The broken app can be found here: https://average-score-change.shinyapps.io/change_in_average_composite_score/

Thanks,
Matt

You are not giving us much to work with, could you paste the content of your logs for that app and maybe some relevant code?

Andresrcs,

I appreciate your taking the time to respond. I'll be more conscious of code/logs going forward.

That said, in running the app and pulling up the subsequent log to share with you, this morning's log differed almost entirely from what I saw yesterday. Of particular note was a previously unseen error indicating a missing package. I am unsure how/why the logs looked different, maybe an id10t error or...? Regardless, calling windowsFont (without package support) immediately above the point at which I created the plot was the issue. I fixed the windowsFont issue, republished, and now things work properly.

Matt

1 Like

If your question's been answered (even by you!), would you mind choosing a solution? It helps other people see which questions still need help, or find solutions if they have similar problems. Here’s how to do it:

We'll do. Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.