Pooling once after Mulitple Imputation is done, instead of after every analysis?

Hey, I started using R and would like to do a Multiple Imputation for my missing data. After the imputation, can I pool the dataset once and use it like a full new dataset? If have only seen the pooling done after calculating regression for example. For example, I have m 50 Imuptations, calculate a regression analysis and then pool the data from these 50 regression models that I know have. Could I do m=50 Imputations, pool my data, and then use regression analyses? Thank you for your help:)

Hi!

To help us help you, could you please prepare a reproducible example (reprex) illustrating your issue? Please have a look at this guide, to see how to create one:

Hi andresrcs, oh sorry sure. The problem is just I don't have a code yet, I just wanted to know whether it would be possible to pool my data after the Multiple Imputation once and use it as an complete dataset in order to run further analysis. Am I wrong for such a question here?

It is not clear what you mean by "pool my data after the Multiple Imputation", a reprex would be ideal to clarify, but if you mean if you would get a new data frame with imputed missing values after using the mice package, then the answer is yes.

Thank you, I tried to make it as clear as I could now, but sadly it was only explained to me this way :confused: ill try to find more information and come back here : )

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.