Posting solution or example for solving a common question that I see on the web?

I feel like your question has been interpreted two ways, and I'll reply to each

1. In terms of questions and own solutions for broad RStudio topics

That is, in terms of posting to #shiny, #tidyverse, #rstudio-ide, #r-admin etc, I think this is a perfectly fine idea. For example, Stack Overflow has an explicit policy on such things

Can I answer my own question?

Yes! Stack Exchange has always explicitly encouraged users to answer their own questions.....

However, RStudio Community's use of discourse may not be the best tool for such things. This discussion forum format often encourages long threads that make it hard to find the specific bit of information that'll be useful to you. A blog post, or a Stack Overflow self-answer, is perhaps a better option.
We're also intentionally trying not to crowd out all the great R community blog aggregators that already exist.

I am exploring good ways to link community to published content (for example, perhaps for comment sections on rpubs, rstudio.cloud or shinyapps.io content), but this would be very far down the line.

2. In terms of #meta:faq,

I'd agree with the sentiment here Is this community the right place to post useful tricks, not strictly R-related?.

If you think it fits well into an RStudio Community FAQ, let's open the topic-thread, and possibly create an FAQ wiki page.