Powerpoint style animation using Shiny and flexdashboard...

I teach finance related subjects using PowerPoint and excel. It is a suboptimal approach as using excel in classroom becomes tedious and ineffective. I tried executing a shiny application from PowerPoint (as per this post ) but with mixed success as the integration is not very smooth.
Using flexdashboard is another alternative which I am tinkering with. As it has native support for shiny functionality. But replacing PowerPoint is proving to be more difficult than it I thought. Basic Animation is one area I am not able to implement in flexdashboard. I have the following area where I need guidance:

• Is flexdashboard/shiny combo appropriate to replace PowerPoint/Excel based teaching?

• If the answer to above is yes, then how would I implement Basic Animation in flexdashboard/shiny world?

Any link, pointer will be very helpful.

Thanks for the help

Hi Kishore,

Will suggest u can start by creating reports / parameterized reports and slides with R markdown and flex dashboard and then move to shiny.

For animated plots you can use the gganimate package.

https://www.rdocumentation.org/packages/gganimate/versions/0.1.1

For Plots (dy graphs ,plotly , leaflet and rbokeh ) are all great if you have already mastered ggplot2 and lattice

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.

@jdurvesh Thanks for your reply. My question is not about charts to use for teaching. It is about, if flexdashboard/shiny is a good alternative to PowerPoint/Excel, then how can I accomplish Basic Animation in flexDashboard?