Printing tibbles: Change font color of header and footer

Suppose that I have a tibble in R and print it, e.g.

library("tidyr")
tibble(data.frame("A" = seq(1,3), "B" = seq(4,6)))

The output includes a header, such as "A tibble: nrow x ncol," and the header is in a different color font from regular output (like if I printed a data.frame). There is a similar footer.

I would like to change the color of the header and footer text (but nothing else--the data is fine as is) in a way that applies across sessions. Is there a way to do so in my R_PROFILE? If not, can it be done through Linux settings (for sessions accessed at a terminal)?

Details (potentially unnecessary):

• I am accessing R at a Linux command line, not a GUI
  • I changed the color of my terminal background. The regular R output font looks fine, but the tibble header/footer font color is almost the same as the background.
  • I researched how to change the way tibbles are printed and found pillar's tbl_format_setup(), but I did not see (or understand) an option that would change the font color.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.