Problem deploying Keras model to shinyapps.io

Developed shiny application for image classification with Keras. Runs on local machine with no problems. When I try to deploy application to shiny server, here is the error I get:

DONE
Uploading bundle for application: ------...DONE
Deploying bundle: -------- for application: -------..
Waiting for task: --------
  building: Processing bundle: --------
  building: Parsing manifest
  building: Building image: ----------
  building: Installing system dependencies
################################ Begin Task Log ################################ 
[2018-05-21T12:57:51.142186362+0000] Execute script: packages/build/tensorflow.sh
--------
Successfully built html5lib
Installing collected packages: six, funcsigs, pbr, mock, html5lib, bleach, numpy, futures, protobuf, markdown, werkzeug, tensorflow-tensorboard, backports.weakref, enum34, tensorflow
  Found existing installation: six 1.5.2
Cannot uninstall 'six'. It is a distutils installed project and thus we cannot accurately determine which files belong to it which would lead to only a partial uninstall.
################################# End Task Log ################################# 
Error: Unhandled Exception: Child Task 526936450 failed: Error building image: Build exited with non-zero status: 1

Hi, I'm experiencing the same error when trying to deploy an almost empty Keras application.
Error seems to be server side python installation related.

We are working on a fix that addresses both this issue and the availability of R 3.5.0, stay tuned.

Thank you for the reply! Looking forward to it

See Update on R 3.5.0 on shinyapps.io

1 Like

Thank you! I really appreciate your help.

1 Like