problem installing package biodyn

Hello community,

I can't install the biodyn package from github.
I am using Windows 10, R version 4.0.2 and R Studio 1.1.453.

remotes::install_github("laurieKell/biodyn")

Here is the error message:

make: *** [C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-40~1.2/etc/i386/Makeconf:229: RcppExports.o] Error 1

ERROR: compilation failed for package 'biodyn'

• removing 'C:/Users/marta.quinzan/Documents/R/win-library/4.0/biodyn'
    Error: Failed to install 'biodyn' from GitHub:
    (converted from warning) installation of package ‘C:/Users/MARTA~1.QUI/AppData/Local/Temp/RtmpExgVnh/file3f4030e37b3e/biodyn_0.0.5.tar.gz’ had non-zero exit status

Could anyone point me to what´s wrong when compiling?

Thanks,
MartaQ

Unfortunately, this seems to be a particularly uninformative error message. I don't see anything here which would point to the root cause of it failing. It could even be that the package itself has errors. Have you installed and used this package previously?

Looking at the source here: https://github.com/laurieKell/biodyn it hasn't been updated in about 5 years, back in the R 3.2 days. It's possible something broke since then compatibility-wise. It imports ggplot2 (which has been heavily developed since then), plyr (which is retired), and reshape (which I think is pretty well abandoned). It also deoends on FLCore which has been removed from CRAN. https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/FLCore/index.html

Further, I see the package includes some .exe files, that could cause any antimalware on your system to have an issue.

All-in-all I think this will be a tough package to install.

If it's absolutely critical to you to be able to install and run the package, you could try reaching out to the author through the email address on their GitHub.

Thanks for your response!

I had neither installed nor used this package before.

Alternatively, I'll install mpb packages which includes functions and utilities I am interested in.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.