Problem installing RTools on Windows 10

Hi, I am trying to install RTools 40 on a Windows 10 PC.I have R 4.1.1 and RStudio 1.4.1717-3. I followed the instructions here, by accepting the defaults, the .Renviron file created to the documents folder but R can't find it. I triend also and some other solutions found here in the community without luck. My latest try was this:

Sys.getenv("PATH")

Sys.setenv(PATH = paste(Sys.getenv("PATH"), 
                        "C:\\RTools40",
                        "C:\\RTools40\\mingw64\\bin", 
                        sep = ";"))
# Did it work (look at the end)?
Sys.getenv("PATH")

The result is:
[1] "C:\Program Files\R\R-4.1.1\bin\x64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Windows\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files\Microsoft VS Code\bin;C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA NvDLISR;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\R\rtools40\\usr\bin;C:\Users\Drolias\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\R\rtools40\\usr\bin;C://RTools40;C://RTools40//mingw64//bin"
Then I type: Sys.which("make")
and I'm getting:
make
""
meaning the installation wasn't correct. Any ideas?
EDIT
After running :

library(pkgbuild)
pkgbuild::find_rtools(debug = TRUE)

Im getting
Scanning R CMD config CC...

• c_path: The screen cannot be set to the number of lines and columns specified.*
    ' does not existot be set to the number of lines and columns specified.
    Scanning path...
    Scanning registry...
    *Found C:/rtools40 for 4.0 *
    [1] TRUE
    but Sys.which("make") returns an empty ""
    EDIT
    with the find_tools() command R returns TRUE, but when I try to install a package, R says WARNING: Rtools is required to build R packages but is not currently installed.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.