problem of saving an excel file

Hello,

I want to create a new excel form from R that will be imported on an API (kobotoolbox). For the import to be done correctly, the file must be valid on : ODK - XLSForm Online v2.x

When I create an excel file using the "xlsx" or "openxlsx" packages, the form is not valid when tested on the site.
I get this error: Error: The survey sheet is either empty or missing important column headers.

However, if I open this same form with Excel and simply click save, the form becomes valid.

I also tried to change the encoding in my R script but it didn't work.

Note that the two files are not the same size, after saving with excel, the file becomes heavier.

Also, when I open the two files (the one generated in R and the one generated in R and then saved in Excel) in Excel, the display is exactly the same.

Do you have any idea what is causing my problem?

Hello, after a lot of research, I found the writexl package which works to have a valid form.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.