Problem when opening RStudio: Fatal error: ERROR r error 4 (R code execution error)...

When i try to open RStudio, I get the following error:

Fatal error: ERROR r error 4 (R code execution error) [errormsg=Error in file(filename, "r", encoding = encoding) : cannot open connection; ]; OCCURED AT: class studio::core::Error__cdecl rstudio::r::exec::evaluateString(const class std::basic_string<char,struct SEXPREC **,class studio::r::sexp::Protect *) C:\jenkins\workspace\IDE\windows-v1.2\src\cpp\r\RExec.cpp:314

The problem started to occur after my work computer was updated to Windows 10 and all software reinstalled. RStudio seems to work fine until I restart or sign out from my account, however, trying to access RStudio after that, the same problem occurs. The IT department has reinstalled RStudio three times now. The same thing happens every time.

System Information:

• RStudio Edition: Desktop
  • RStudio Version: 1.2.5042
  • OS Version: Windows 10 Enterprise
  • R Version: 3.6.3

/OK

1 Like

I am experiencing exactly the same issue following a Windows update this morning, I have not found a solution thus far but am very interested to know if anyone is able to solve this.

1 Like

Same problem with Mac OS X.

1 Like

I am also encountering this exact same problem. Has anyone made any progress? Looking at multiple forums, I cannot find a solution.

I just started seeing this very issue. My setting is identical to @OKarlsson except my Rstudio is Version 1.2.5033. I am also not finding any solutions

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.