Problem with an unexpected error with Quarto qmd files while Rmarkdown files have no problems...

I started with this YAML from the test Quarto document.
I am running macOS Monterey version 12.5.
If you have seen the issue below, I would love to hear about it and whether or not you found a solution!

Here is a short example...

---
title: "Test-Quarto"
author: "John Minter"
format: pdf
editor: visual
---

## Quarto

Quarto enables you to weave together content and executable code into a finished document. To learn more about Quarto see <https://quarto.org>.

## Running Code

When you click the **Render** button a document will be generated that includes both content and the output of embedded code. You can embed code like this:

```{r}
1 + 1
```

You can add options to executable code like this

```{r}
#| echo: false
2 * 2
```

The `echo: false` option disables the printing of code (only output is displayed).

When I rendered the code, I got this error in the console :

Error in .rs.parsePackageDependencies(contents, extension) :
object 'partition_yaml_front_matter' not found

I don't see why not...

Even more perplexing is I also get this error:

ERROR: Operation not permitted (os error 1), readdir '/Users/myuserid/Pictures/Photos Library.photoslibrary' for path "/Users/myuserid/Pictures/Photos Library.photoslibrary"

I cannot get rid of this.

I tried:

1. a couple of short qmd files from the web. Still failed...

2. I deleted RStudio, ran CleanMy Mac to get rid of anything that could do this. It still failed

3. I tried an Rmarkdown document and it was fine.

I do not know what to try next. I would really appreciate it if I could get some hints. I want to use Quarto and it was workig for a while and I do not know what to try next...

I believe this is an issue in the RStudio IDE happening in some specific package versions situations

This has been fixed, and should be included in later release. For now, latest daily release should solve this https://dailies.rstudio.com/

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.