Problem with package tidyverse

Hello everybody,

I start with R studio and I need for my exam use package "tidyverse". I installed it that was without problem but now when I want use library(tidyverse) the result is that: Error in library(tidyverse) : there is no package called ‘tidyverse

Do you know how I could fix it ?

Thanks for your time.

First thing is to check in the packages tab (lower right pane) to be sure it is in fact installed.

I tried this: install.packages("tidyverse")

And answer is:
WARNING: Rtools is required to build R packages but is not currently installed. Please download and install the appropriate version of Rtools before proceeding:

https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/Rtools/
Installing package into ‘C:/Users/zuzana/Documents/R/win-library/3.6’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
also installing the dependencies ‘htmltools’, ‘processx’, ‘xfun’, ‘bslib’, ‘tinytex’, ‘vctrs’, ‘gargle’, ‘vroom’, ‘callr’, ‘knitr’, ‘rmarkdown’, ‘cli’, ‘dbplyr’, ‘dplyr’, ‘forcats’, ‘googledrive’, ‘googlesheets4’, ‘haven’, ‘lubridate’, ‘readr’, ‘reprex’, ‘rlang’, ‘rvest’, ‘tibble’, ‘tidyr’, ‘xml2’

As a guess, you need to install Rtools.

You are not showing the complete console output so I can't know for sure but since you are using a very old R version and you don't have RTools installed, is very likely that some packages that require compilation are not getting installed.

Either install a suitable version of RTools (have in mind that there are specific matching R and RTools versions) or update R so you can get access to precompiled binaries that are much easier to install.

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.