Problem with shadowtext font

Hi colleagues,

Seeking help from those who have used shadowtext library before. I am trying to do a chart following this code (https://r-graph-gallery.com/web-horizontal-barplot-with-labels-the-economist.html). I had made substantial progress until I reached the calling shadow text which didn’t work.

The error I am getting is like Error in grid.Call(C_textBounds, as.graphicsAnnot(x$label), x$x, x$y, : polygon edge not found In addition: Warning message: In grid.Call(C_textBounds, as.graphicsAnnot(x$label), x$x, x$y, : no font could be found for family "Ariel"

Reading this complaint (Comeback of the (infamous) "Error in grid.Call(C_textBounds, as.graphicsAnnot(x$label), x$x, x$y, : polygon edge not found" bug?) which is exactly the same as mine, I get understanding that this problem was in existence before, perhaps at the time when I hadn’t started coding in R.

The person didn’t give a step by step way of resolving the problem. Thus, I am seeking assistance from anyone who could have debugged it before.

Hi, should it be 'Arial' ?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.