Problem with use of one pair of brackets - as part of the Control Structures

Hi.

I am a new user and I began my first contact of RStudio. But I have a little problem: when I use the brackets {} I cannot jump to another row to continue writing my code. If I done, clicking enter, RStudio shows me a message of NULL and the right bracket ‘}’ stays in the initial row. On the other hand, If I wrote a line code inside of the brackets {} and I try to jump to the next row, RStudio displays something like a bullet ‘+’… and it seems the software stays waiting for me for any instruction.

I tried to change some configurations topic following the path “View/Panes/Pane Layout” and I looked for any solution in the menu “Code” of the dialog box “Options”, but to be honest, I wasn’t able to change something =(

Can you help me to solve this problem, please?

Best regards,
Roberto

Welcome to the forum.

It may be that you are typing in the console rather than the script window.

My version of RStudio looks like this:

You should be typing in the top left window in my layout and then submitting the code and the results should show up below.

Otherwise we need a reproducible example (reprex). See

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.