Problems installing tidyverse on Mac

Hi I am new to Rstudio and want to use the ggplot2 package. I am using a MacBook Pro with OS Catalina 15.10.7 on an intel chip I tried running install.packages("tidyverse") However I keep getting the same error and can't install. I am having trouble posting the error and the forum accepting the formatting
How do I proceed?
First R will say this for each package.
trying URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/src/contrib/fs_1.5.2.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 793627 bytes (775 KB)

downloaded 775 KB

Then this for every package
During startup - Warning messages:
1: Setting LC_CTYPE failed, using "C"
2: Setting LC_TIME failed, using "C"
3: Setting LC_MESSAGES failed, using "C"
4: Setting LC_MONETARY failed, using "C"

• installing source package 'fs' ...
    ** package 'fs' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
    ** using staged installation
    ** libs
    x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0-clang++ -std=gnu++11 -I"/opt/anaconda3/envs/rstudio/lib/R/include" -DNDEBUG -I./libuv-1.38.1/include -I. -pthread -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -mmacosx-version-min=10.9 -I/opt/anaconda3/envs/rstudio/include -fPIC -march=core2 -mtune=haswell -mssse3 -ftree-vectorize -fPIC -fPIE -fstack-protector-strong -O2 -pipe -stdlib=libc++ -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -fmessage-length=0 -I/opt/anaconda3/envs/rstudio/include -fdebug-prefix-map=/Users/builder/ktietz/conda/conda-bld/r-base_1557826964646/work=/usr/local/src/conda/r-base-3.6.0 -fdebug-prefix-map=/opt/anaconda3/envs/rstudio=/usr/local/src/conda-prefix -c error.cc -o error.o
    In file included from error.cc:1:
    In file included from ./error.h:5:
    In file included from /opt/anaconda3/envs/rstudio/lib/R/include/Rinternals.h:34:
    In file included from /opt/anaconda3/envs/rstudio/bin/../include/c++/v1/cstdio:99:
    /opt/anaconda3/envs/rstudio/bin/../include/c++/v1/stdio.h:107:15: fatal error: 'stdio.h' file not found
    #include_next <stdio.h>
    ^~~~~~~~~

And finally this

Warning in install.packages :
installation of package 'modelr' had non-zero exit status
During startup - Warning messages:
1: Setting LC_CTYPE failed, using "C"
2: Setting LC_TIME failed, using "C"
3: Setting LC_MESSAGES failed, using "C"
4: Setting LC_MONETARY failed, using "C"
ERROR: dependencies 'broom', 'dbplyr', 'dplyr', 'dtplyr', 'forcats', 'googledrive', 'googlesheets4', 'ggplot2', 'haven', 'hms', 'modelr', 'pillar', 'readr', 'rvest', 'tibble', 'tidyr' are not available for package 'tidyverse'

• removing '/opt/anaconda3/envs/rstudio/lib/R/library/tidyverse'
    Warning in install.packages :
    installation of package 'tidyverse' had non-zero exit status

The downloaded source packages are in
'/private/var/folders/lj/jw_yl6l14k7_wv9v09crbbmc0000gn/T/RtmpGmKuMU/downloaded_packages'
Updating HTML index of packages in '.Library'
Making 'packages.html' ... done

Best
Mads

Rstudio trough Anaconda is not officially supported, and installing packages from CRAN on a conda environment is not a trivial task (I have never been able to make it work), when using R trough Anaconda you are supposed to install packages using the Anaconda Navigator or with conda commands.

If you want to work with R using standard package management I recommend you to use a stand alone installation of R and RStudio instead.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.