Problems text mining using the 'rJava' and 'tm.plugin.webmining' packges

Hello All,

I apologize if my formatting of this topic isn't correct this is my first time posting in the community and I will try and do my best.I have been working on this problem for awhile but have been struggling to address it. I am currently following the book "Text Mining with R: A Tidy Data Approach" and am on the part that uses the 'tm.plugin.webmining' package to do a sentiment analysis on financial articles. The initial problem is that when I attempted to load the package from the library it would report and error as such.

Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘tm.plugin.webmining’:
.onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'rJava', details:
call: dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...)
error: unable to load shared object '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.4/Resources/library/rJava/libs/rJava.so':
dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.4/Resources/library/rJava/libs/rJava.so, 6): Library not loaded: @rpath/libjvm.dylib
Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.4/Resources/library/rJava/libs/rJava.so
Reason: image not found

After doing some research I found out that this had to do with the way R and Java communicate on mac OS High Sierra. So to fix this I followed the followed this article. and it appeared to work. once I fixed the issue with java and r I was finally able to load the 'tm.plugin.webmining' package. but when I tried to run the examples from the book to load the corpus, I got the following error.

StartTag: invalid element name
Extra content at the end of the document
Error in mutate_impl(.data, dots) :
Evaluation error: 1: StartTag: invalid element name
2: Extra content at the end of the document

I cannot seem to find information on this anywhere and do not have enough experience in this to fix this issue myself, so any insight, or ideas I could attempt to fix this problem are greatly appreciated. Below I posted the code I ran that gave me this issue. Thank you in advance.

library(tm.plugin.webmining)
library(purrr)
library(dplyr)
company <- c("Microsoft", "Apple", "Google", "Amazon", "Facebook","IBM", "Yahoo", "Netflix") 
symbol <- c("MSFT", "AAPL", "GOOG", "AMZN", "FB", "IBM", "YHOO", "NFLX")

download_articles <- function( symbol) { 
  WebCorpus(GoogleFinanceSource(paste0("NASDAQ:", symbol)))
}

stock_articles <- data_frame(company = company, symbol = symbol) %>% 
  mutate(corpus = map(symbol, download_articles))