Problems Using r-Studio

Hello,

I've been using r-studio through a remote server desktop.

I've started having problems, packages are not loading and code steps are not running.

The error message received is below:
namespace ‘xfun’ 0.12 is being loaded, but >= 0.15 is required

install.packages("xfun")
1 Like

Thank you.

I ran the code to install "xfun" and it hasn't worked.

you'll have to say more about it.

Apologies, I ran the package installation script and saw the same error message:

Error in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[j]]) :

Should I uninstall / re-install r-studio?

which package installation script ?

install.packages("xfun") 

?

Hello,

Yes, I've tried to re-install xfun and dplyr.

I'm afraid I'm being vague because I'm uncertain what caused it.

but the error messages provided by R are usually fairly explicit about what went wrong.
can you provide them? what showed on the console when you install.packages("xfun") ?

I ran the code below to load dplyr
library(dplyr)

This is the error message I received, I think I went down a rabbit hole with "xfun" because initially I wasn't trying to load it an yet it was the error message:

Error in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[j]]) :

The error message is telling you that you have an old version of xfun installed and that you need to update it, the solution to this would be to update xfun with this command.

install.packages("xfun") 

Apparently the installation process of xfun has not been successful, that is why you are being asked to post the whole message you get when you run that specific command.

nirgrahamuk andresrcs

Thank you for your help.

Re-installation seems to have fixed it

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.