problems with installing R and installing packages

Hello everyone, today I updated the version of R, since then I have had problems with the installation of packages. Every time I need to work with one and try to install it, the following alert appears:

"One or more of the packages thet will be uplated by this installation are currently loaded. Restarting R prior to updating these packages is strongly recomended.
Rstudio can restart R and then automatically continue the installation after restarting (all work and data will be preserved during the restart.
Do you want to restart R prior to installing?"

I tried clicking "Yes" but nothing happens, and the package doesn't install most of the time, and when it does, this message appears:

Captura2

Even when I want to work with the functions of the package I already installed, I have to install it again, as it results in error, like "nonexistent options".

Please give me advice how to fix the problem!

Thank you!

I see two issues hide in you error message

• You may need to have Rtools installed if you want to install packages from source on windows.
  • You need to do the installation of packages in clean and fresh session. No project opened with no package already loaded from script or objects in you session. Currently "PerformanceAnalytics" seems to be loaded in you session preventing you to update.

Sometime for a new fresh installation using R Gui and not RStudio IDE can be helpful.

Hope it helps

1 Like

Thank you very much!
This worked.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.