Problems with T-test in R

I need to run a t-test in order to compare the means of two variables in a graph. My null hypothesis is that the means are equal. My alternative hypothesis is that the mean value of the variable "Amazon.Return" is greater than the mean value of the variable "Google.Return".

I have tried to run the t test a few different ways, but I haven't been able to get it to work. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Can you please post an example of your data? Running the dput() function on an object that holds data and pasting the output here provides a convenient way for others to use your data. For example, if you have a data frame named DF, you can post its entire content using the output of

dput(DF)

If you want to post only part of the data frame, you can use the head() function to select the first N rows

dput(head(DF, 20))

I can't get this to work. It says the variable I typed in could not be found

This is what appears when I type in the View(myData) command

Let's back up a step. How do you get your data. Please show the actual code you use to read in or otherwise create your data. Put a line with three back ticks just before and after your code.
```
Your code here
```

Try

t.test(myData$Amazon.Return, myData$Google.Return, alternative = "greater")
library(tidyverse)
install.packages("readxl")
library(readxl)
myData <-read_excel("Downloads/GoogleAmazonStockCorrect.xlsx")````

Re-posting in case you missed the following as our posts were almost simultaneous.

Try

t.test(myData$Amazon.Return, myData$Google.Return, alternative = "greater")

Thank you! Your solution worked for me. I appreciate your help

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.