problems with the summary of 'freqtab' in "equate" package

Hi all,
While using the package "equate" I have encountered some issues.
The function summary (of frequency table, used after as.freqtab) is supposed to summarize the basic statistics of a distribution table, However, even when applying it on a very simple distribution table, I only get results for min, max and mean (sd, skewness and kurtosis are not available, results are "Inf", 0 and 0 respectively).

I would be greatfull if anyone could please explain to me what I am doing wrong.
Below you can see a simple code, creating a table and trying to apply the summary of freqtab function on it.
Im am sorry if this is a stupid question, I am new to R and trying to solve this issue for several days now, so if anyone could help me understand my problem it would be great.
Thanks a lot in advance.

#constracting a table
x <- matrix(0,10,2)
for (i in 1:10){
  x[i,1] <- i
} 

#populating cells 
x[1,2] <- 0.5
x[3,2] <- 0.5

library(equate)
 Y <- as.freqtab(x, scales = 1:10)
 summary(Y)

Hi @adiyeh. The problem is not about the summary function. The problem came from the manually assigned count of 0.5 to row 1 and 3. The count must be integer. So the summary function can not summarised the table.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.