Problems with tidyverse load - Error

Hi all,

I have been using tidyverse just fine until today, then my win 10 updated itself during the night and when I tried to load the package, I was met with the message: Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘tidyverse’ in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[j]]):
namespace ‘tibble’ 2.1.3 is already loaded, but >= 3.0.0 is required

I googled and found similar topic here, however, solution mentioned there didn't work for me.
I tried updating tibble, I see tibble version 3.01 in my "downloaded packages" file, however, error message persists.
packageVersion for tibble shows version "2.1.3" and when I go to update packages button and click to update it from there, I get this message:

package ‘rlang’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
Warning in install.packages :
cannot remove prior installation of package ‘rlang’
problem copying C:\Users\User\Documents\R\win-library\3.6\00LOCK\rlang\libs\x64\rlang.dll to C:\Users\User\Documents\R\win-library\3.6\rlang\libs\x64\rlang.dll: Permission denied
restored ‘rlang’
package ‘tibble’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
cannot remove prior installation of package ‘tibble’
problem copying C:\Users\User\Documents\R\win-library\3.6\00LOCK\tibble\libs\x64\tibble.dll to C:\Users\User\Documents\R\win-library\3.6\tibble\libs\x64\tibble.dll: Permission denied
restored ‘tibble’

The downloaded binary packages are in
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\Rtmpq2cpVo\downloaded_packages

Help please.

are you admin on this machine (can you become it) ? it seems like a file permissions issue

I am. What can I do?

Restart your RStudio session (run RStudio as administrator) and try to update tibble before loading anything. If this doesn't work try manually deleting the .dll files in conflict.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.