paid / full-time / Eastern Canada preferred, will review North American candidates.
At Procogia we’re passionate about developing data-driven solutions that provide highly informed answers to our clients’ most critical challenges. As a member of our team you will have ample opportunities to exercise your quantitative, analytical, and development skills to help drive toward this goal.
Our projects are varied, from Data Warehouse builds, deploying Cloud Data Solutions, Dashboarding, & building predictive models. You may be involved in all stages of the project life cycle, from Data Engineering / Integration to building pipelines & right through to advanced analytics.
We work with industry leading clients from various sectors including Pharmaceuticals, Telecommunications, Technology, Financial Services & Retail. Our work environment ensures opportunities to gain valuable experience in various industries enhancing your personal & career development.
We deliver projects end-to-end, & field a varied team of professionals including Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Business Analysts, Product & Project Managers. We are looking to add talented individuals who strive to work together, celebrate differences, be selfless, and are results driven.
Procogia has doubled in size over the last two years & core to ProCogia’s culture is ensuring we maintain a balanced male to female ratio. We are proud to share our consulting teams consist of 40-50% females compared to the industry standard of 10-20%. Our diversity, and differences allow us to create innovative and effective solutions for our clients.
The ideal candidate ticks the following boxes:
- Advanced R programming skills and documented experience with package/library development in line with best practices.
- Familiarity with (general) good programming practices: unit testing, technical documentation, code encapsulation.
- Experience with version control/git.
- Familiarity with Unix command line (advanced bash scripting a plus)
- Good cross-functional teams communication skills to ensure the right solution is being developed looking from overall system perspective.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues, willingness to constantly learn cutting edge technologies and master new engineering skills.
- Good communication skills, advanced English reading, writing, listen, speaking skills. Ability to communicate effectively with scientists (biologists/computation biologists), engineers and non-technical people.
- Hands on experience with Shiny framework (alternatively any reactive JS framework).
- Practical knowledge of data visualization techniques (familiarity with ggplot2 or Plotly is a plus)
- Experience with web applications development to create usable and responsive frontend solution.
- Documented experience in building R Shiny production applications (maintainable solutions using RShiny).
- Being able to understand solution architecture and role of involved software components to implement R Shiny app ina way that system does it job effectively and in a scalable way.
A rockstar candidate would in addition tick the following boxes:
- Experience with the usage of Bioconductor packages and familiarity with data structures commonly used in the Bioconductor package ecosystem.
- Experience with data wrangling, pre-processing, visualization and handling of large datasets.
- Experience with front-end testing solutions
- Experience with backend integration via APIs (REST, JSON over HTTP, etc)
- Experience with collaborative API design to ensure APIs follow technical standards and are tailored to their use-case.
- Experience with containerization technologies (Docker)