ProCogia - Bioinformatician - R
Bioinformatician - R - ProCogia
paid / Remote OK. Seattle WA and Vancouver BC preferred. / full-time
LinkedIn Post: tinyurl.com/8m40xe5g
The ideal candidate ticks the following boxes:
- Advanced R programming skills and documented experience with package/library development in line with best practices.
- Familiarity with (general) good programming practices: unit testing, technical documentation, code encapsulation.
- Experience with version control/git.
- Familiarity with Unix command line (advanced bash scripting a plus)
- Good cross-functional teams communication skills to ensure the right solution is being developed looking from overall system perspective.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues, willingness to constantly learn cutting edge technologies and master new engineering skills.
- Good communication skills, advanced English reading, writing, listen, speaking skills. Ability to communicate effectively with scientists (biologists/computation biologists), engineers and non-technical people.
- Good understanding of biological concepts and biostatistical approaches commonly used in molecular biology and interest to learn more.
- Experience with NGS/genomic data analysis (GWAS, RNASeq, scRNASeq, ATAC-Seq etc) and tools used for data processing and analysis, including solid understanding of underlying methods and algorithms.
- Experience with the usage of Bioconductor packages and familiarity with data structures commonly used in the Bioconductor package ecosystem.
- Experience with data wrangling, pre-processing, visualization and handling of large datasets.
A rockstar candidate would in addition tick the following boxes:
- PhD in Bioinformatics/Biological Sciences or equivalent scientific experience.
- Practical knowledge of data visualization techniques (familiarity with ggplot2 or Plotly is a plus).
- Experience with containerization technologies (Docker).
Apply to this position