Paid / Remote within US/Canada / Full-time
ProCogia is a data consulting firm headquartered in Vancouver, BC with employees and clients across the United States and Canada. We specialize in Data Operations, Data Engineering, BI & Analytics, Data Science & Bioinformatics across a broad range of industries including Telecom, Pharma, Biotechnology, Retail, Logistics, Technology, Financial Services, Media & non-profit. We are a technology agnostic firm giving us a client first, independent approach towards delivering our Data solutions.
We’re a diverse, close-knit team with a common pursuit of providing top-class, end-to-end data solutions for our clients. In return for your talent and technical expertise, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous benefits along with ample opportunity for personal development. ‘Growth mindset’ is something we seek in all our new hires and has helped drive much of our recent growth across North America. Our distinct approach is to push the limits and value derived from data. Working within ProCogia’s thriving environment will allow you to unleash your full career potential.
ProCogia has experienced considerable growth over the last two years & core to our culture is maintaining a high-level of female representation throughout the company. Our diversity, and differences allow us to create innovative and effective data solutions for our clients.
We enable our customers to make intelligent and agile decisions through strategically tailored data solutions. We attract, develop and retain diverse, motivated and collaborative team players who love what they do.
TRUST We build trust in all of our relationships, internally and externally
GROWTH We believe in life-long learning; both personally and professionally
INNOVATION Our technology-agnostic & innovative approach enables cutting-edge data solutions
EXCELLENCE We are committed to delivering excellence in everything we do
The R Administrator Consultant has the following responsibilities and duties:
- Designing, implementing, and managing a cloud platform for hosting IT systems
- Architect solutions for R system by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders for platform development
- Configure version control source code system for RStudio Workbench and Package Manager as needed
- Integrate PAM, SAML or another authentication protocol into client Active Directory
- Utilize Docker, Kubernetes, Databricks and other containerized solutions to develop isolated R environment for end users
- Create end-to-end RStudio systems for reproducible and controlled environments
- Create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for regulated R platform deployment
- Document installation and configuration for regulated R platforms
- Provide R package dependency and risk metric reports for R Teams installation
- Define maintenance policy for CI/CD of R platform
- Create and maintain R shiny applications as needed by client and ProCogia
- Design, develop, and maintain R packages as needed by client and ProCogia
- Script solutions using Linux for automated R platform deployment
The R Administrator Consultant should have the following skills, education and experience:
- Expertise in the RStudio Ecosystem such as the IDE, R runtime, debugging, package management, repository structure and policies, app publishing
- Expertise with RStudio Suite including RStudio Connect and Workbench
- Experience with Bash Scripting and Linux will be great asset.
- Good knowledge of “Infrastructure as a code” tools and techniques
- Experience in programming practices for statistical analyses: R standard and R Markdown for reports/output
- Experience with web application development in R Shiny
- Bachelors in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics or other related disciplines.
- Masters or PhD in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics or other related disciplines.
- An experienced professional will have at least 2 years of professional experience in a data related role with a Masters Degree or 4 years of experience in a data related role with a Bachelors degree
ProCogia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workspace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to apply.