ProCogia - R Shiny Developer
R Shiny Developer - ProCogia
paid / Remote OK. Seattle WA and Vancouver BC preferred. / full-time
LinkedIn Post: tinyurl.com/a7itqov8
The ideal candidate ticks the following boxes:
- Advanced R programming skills and documented experience with package/library development in line with best practices.
- Familiarity with (general) good programming practices: unit testing, technical documentation, code encapsulation.
- Experience with version control/git.
- Familiarity with Unix command line (advanced bash scripting a plus)
- Good cross-functional teams communication skills to ensure the right solution is being developed looking from overall system perspective.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues, willingness to constantly learn cutting edge technologies and master new engineering skills.
- Good communication skills, advanced English reading, writing, listen, speaking skills. Ability to communicate effectively with scientists (biologists/computation biologists), engineers and non-technical people.
- Hands on experience with Shiny framework (alternatively any reactive JS framework).
- Practical knowledge of data visualization techniques (familiarity with ggplot2 or Plotly is a plus)
- Experience with web applications development to create usable and responsive frontend solution.
- Documented experience in building R Shiny production applications (maintainable solutions using RShiny).
- Being able to understand solution architecture and role of involved software components to implement R Shiny app ina way that system does it job effectively and in a scalable way.
A rockstar candidate would in addition tick the following boxes:
- Experience with the usage of Bioconductor packages and familiarity with data structures commonly used in the Bioconductor package ecosystem.
- Experience with data wrangling, pre-processing, visualization and handling of large datasets.
- Experience with front-end testing solutions
- Experience with backend integration via APIs (REST, JSON over HTTP, etc)
- Experience with collaborative API design to ensure APIs follow technical standards and are tailored to their use-case.
- Experience with containerization technologies (Docker)
Apply to this position