Project assignments opening in 'Home > R' directory, not 'Cloud > project'

I've been setting up assignments for my large class using RStudio Cloud with success for some time now. The rmd of questions and data files are distributed to students this way. However, since Mar 21 evening, assignments have been opening into the 'Home > R' directory for contributors instead of 'Cloud > project' so none of their assignment files are available to the students. There doesn't seem to be a way to navigate to 'Cloud>project' from the 'Home>R' directory either (we can't see other folders in Home and the R folder just contains package files). In the meantime, I posted the files for students outside RStudio Cloud so students could upload them. However, students who started the assignment and made progress on their assignments in 'Cloud>project' before Mar 21, have been automatically switched over to the R directory today and therefore lost all their work. All assignments in our class workspace (https://rstudio.cloud/spaces/44532/projects) are now opening in the R directory. Please help! We have some stressed out students at this difficult time as we all move online. Thanks.

Similar problem here [except we don't have a shared workspace, I just list it via the link and made it pubic). Except for me and my students [opens up in a weird R directory with no path back to cloud). I've lost the files for my own class. https://rstudio.cloud/project/1040959.

Hello

Sorry to hear about this frustrating issue, I've forwarded this to the engineering team for investigation. In the meantime, as a workaround you can click the "go to directory" button in the file navigator (displays as "..." and appears on the far right of where the current directory is displayed) and manually navigate to /cloud/project

Hopefully this helps your students while we investigate.

thanks
sam

Hello

We pushed out a change last night that should prevent projects from opening in the Home>R directory.

thanks
sam

Also, if you still see the issue, you can change the directory as i described then mark that as the working directory:

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.