Project won't open

My project won't open, every time I click on it to open it, it just says that my 'project went to sleep' and when I hit 'resume' it just loaded into a blank , white, page.

RStudio Cloud

It looks like you might have bookmarked a url where the project is marked idle. Can you try this link and see if anything changes?

thanks
sam

Sorry, i misread your post the first time. Clicking "Resume" should definitely get the project working again.

Do you see any errors in the javascript console? If you try in an incognito window, does anything change?

thanks
sam

Hi Sam,
similar to sara's problem my project won't open, just saying 'project went to sleep'. After hitting 'resume' the error message occurs over and over again.
I need r studio for my examen in the next days and hope you can help me.
Thanks in advance
Roman

Hi Roman,

I am sorry to hear you're having trouble resuming one of your RStudio Cloud projects. Can you provide me with the URL of your project, and screenshots of the errors you are receiving? Having this will help us track down what is going on here.

If possible, can you also capture a screenshot of the browser console when you get the error?

Thanks
-Andy

Hi @Sarah_Ackley and @Roman_Isaakov,

I wanted to let you know that we're still investigating the issue you've reported. Assuming you're both getting a "blank white page" when clicking resume -- can you describe that a bit? Do you see, for instance, the name of the project or any of the header navigation still, or is the entire page just white? (If you can take a screenshot of what you are seeing it might help us figure out what's going wrong, particularly if the Javascript console is open when you're seeing this screen. Feel free to DM it to me if you don't want to share it here.)

Thank you so much for any additional details you can provide, and sorry for the trouble you're experiencing.
Mel

Edited to add: are you able to open any other projects?

Hey, I have the same problem with all my projects. I can just see a white page with the resume button. Nothing helps. I tried to use R Cloud in other browsers as well but it didn't work there either.

Hi @Sarah_Ackley @Roman_Isaakov @CelineGr,

Sorry for the trouble you've experienced opening projects, and thank you for your patience while we got to the bottom of this issue. We have found that users with slow (or unstable) connections are sometimes unable to complete the process to open a project before our internal "idle" check runs, resulting in the "your project went to sleep" message re-appearing before the project is open.

We've just released a change to mitigate this problem (although very, very slow connections might encounter another aspect of it that manifests in a similar way). Additionally, while the project is finishing up its "open" operation, you may see a white screen where the IDE should be, but if you wait through that, everything should eventually resolve.

We are looking into ways to further improve this experience when connections are slow or interrupted, but I wanted to let you know that you should be able to open projects now by waiting through the white screen.

Please let us know if you're still seeing this behavior, or if you have any questions about this .

Best,
Mel

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.