Published date for local package in RStudio Package Manager

Hi fellow rstudio package manager user,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to modified the published date for local package ? I got this in the overwiew page

date is unknown for package I publish using

rspm add --source=internal-src --path=mypackage.tar.gz

Can this date be precised somewhere ?
Shouldn't it be set to the date of the publication using rspm cli ?
Am I missing a configuration somewhere ?

Thank you.

Hey Christophe!

Thanks for the feedback. I've added a request to our backlog to address this issue; we'd likely use the date when the add command is run. I don't have a timeframe for when this work will be scheduled.

In the meantime, if your package's Description file includes a Date field already then RSPM will respect that value.

Also good to know, if you use RSPM's Git building feature to publish packages from a Git repo, RSPM will automatically add a Date field to match the commit timestamp for the commits being published to the repository.

Thanks,

Sean

1 Like

Thanks for the different options

I think it could be something to add when I build the package just before publishing it. An option in devtools::build can come handy for that if not already present.

https://github.com/r-lib/devtools/issues/1327 might be of interest, though I think its for install not build. CRAN does the work of adding this field which is why it'd make sense for RSPM to do so as well.

1 Like

Just chiming in to say that our internal release tool for R packages adds a Date/Publication field to the DESCRIPTION file in the same format CRAN uses, which seems to show up correctly in RSPM even for non-CRAN packages.

If you have a similar tool or process in place, it's a nice feature to add.