Publishing Rmark down edits to Bookdown from a Different Computer

Hi! I created a book via R-Studio and published it Bookdown via R-Studio Connect. I originally published the book via my laptop. I then tried to publish edits to the website using my desktop, but it seems to want to re-publish the book to a different URL on book down. It is treating the book as if it has never been published on book down before. Has anyone encountered this issue? How do you edit your book down html book from two different computers?

It is treating the book as if it has never been published on book down before

Can you precise where you are publishing this ? bookdown.org or you own RStudio connect ?

Did you keep the rsconnect folder that was created after the first publication ? you need to transfer it with the file inside to your desktop. Otherwise, the RStudio IDE won't be able to guess taht the content has already been publish.

You can also try to use the rsconnect :package: and provide the url and appId of your content in your rstudio server so that the content is published in the same id.

Hope it helps

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.