paid / full-time / Berlin
Hanwha Q CELLS GmbH is the German affiliate of one of the leading global solar companies, Hanwha Q CELLS Co. Ltd. (Q CELLS). Thus, the company is part of Hanwha Group – a FORTUNE® Global 500 business enterprise and one of the 8 largest companies in South Korea. In Germany, Q CELLS operates sites in Thalheim, Saxony-Anhalt, and in Berlin. With its renowned Center for Innovation, Technology and Quality in Thalheim, Hanwha Q CELLS GmbH forms the technological backbone of Q CELLS´ global solar business. Around 200 researchers and engineers in R&D and Quality Management develop solar cells, modules, systems and solutions “Engineered in Germany”. Thus, Hanwha Q CELLS GmbH decisively helps to globally expand the leadership in technology and quality that differentiates Q CELLS from its competition.
Germany also builds the central hub for all sales activities in Europe, which is one of the most important solar markets for the company. Furthermore it is here, where the company develops the business models for the future. In Germany and Europe, Q CELLS has first developed from a leading solar manufacturer into a one-stop-shop for clean energy solutions for municipalities, companies and private customers. Today the company offers the complete package, from solar modules, to systems, to electrical storage, to cloud-solutions and even clean electricity contracts for private customers. From its site in Berlin, Q CELLS also runs its growing business as one of the most experienced partners when it comes to developing, constructing and financing large scale solar power plants.
- You work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- You mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- You assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- You develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- You use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- You develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- You coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- You develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- You have successfully complete your studies (Master or PHD) in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field.
- We’re looking for someone with several years of experience manipulating data sets, building statistical models and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- You have knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- A systematic and analytical way of thinking distinguishes you as well as your communication strength and goal orientation.
- You are an organizational talent, like working in a team and have strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- You have very good MS Office skills, especially in Excel.
- Business fluent English, as well as basic German knowledge round off your profile.
Apply for your challenge preferably via our our online application form
Reference No: HQ-P-863