qt error from RStudio Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTSS

Hello,
I've googled for 5 hours and I am unable to fix this issue on my Ubuntu.

I've installed Rstudio and Shiny Server.
I'm unable to knit to pdf even a simple markdown as the following one.

title: "Untitled"
output:
pdf_document: default

This is an R Markdown document. Markdown is a simple formatting syntax for authoring HTML, PDF, and MS Word documents. For more details on

The error is the one below.
I tried all possible solutions I've found so far on internet.
None of them are working .
I can knit to html and/or Word , but when I tried to knit to PDF it fails with this errors.
I'am really desperate not to have found a solution and a reason for this issue.
I've reinstalled allR packages from scratch and try to install all possible missing packages.
Any help is really appreciated.
Best regards,
Giovanni

processing file: test.Rmd
|......................................................................| 100%
ordinary text without R code

/usr/lib/rstudio-server/bin/pandoc/pandoc +RTS -K512m -RTS test.utf8.md --to latex --from markdown+autolink_bare_uris+tex_math_single_backslash --output test.tex --lua-filter /home/gmic01/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/4.0/rmarkdown/rmarkdown/lua/pagebreak.lua --lua-filter /home/gmic01/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/4.0/rmarkdown/rmarkdown/lua/latex-div.lua --self-contained --highlight-style tango --pdf-engine pdflatex --variable graphics --variable 'geometry:margin=1in'
output file: test.knit.md

! qt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display :0
! qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
! This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

! qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
! This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

! Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, xcb.

! Aborted (core dumped)

Error: LaTeX failed to compile test.tex. See https://yihui.org/tinytex/r/#debugging for debugging tips. See test.log for more info.
Execution halted

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.