Statistician - Quantics Biostatistics
paid / Edinburgh, Scotland / full-time
|Placed On:||3rd February 2020|
|Closes:||3rd April 2020|
Interviews are currently being held. Recruiting ASAP
At Quantics Biostatistics we are much more than statisticians, we are engaged in a variety of complex client facing activities to help solve real world challenges across the lifescience industry. Our primary areas of expertise are providing statistical support for clinical, bioassay and health technology assessment projects. We are always looking for the best people to join our growing, dynamic and international team. If you have very strong mathematical / statistical skills with a PhD or MSc in a related subject then we can offer you a diverse, challenging and rewarding career in a fast-growing company.
Quantics is not just a great place to work, our team enjoy a varied range of complex challenges and have the opportunity to learn and grow through the development of new approaches to solving biomathematical problems.
We are based in the West End of Edinburgh, regularly voted as the most liveable city in the UK. Our offices, which overlook Edinburgh Castle, are close to the main city centre areas of George Street and Princes Street which provide an excellent opportunity for a healthy work life balance, which we actively encourage.
The role is to work with senior statisticians to provide high quality statistical support to our clients. The successful applicant will be a fast learner with a strong interest in statistics.
Your responsibilities will include assisting senior statisticians with the following tasks:
- Identifying a client’s needs
- Drafting statistical analysis plans
- Programming to prepare data for analysis and conducting analysis
- Preparing reports to communicate findings to a non-specialist audience
The successful candidate will have:
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate complex statistical issues to non-statisticians.
- Statistical skills enabling support of senior colleagues.
- Experience with R and/or SAS. Additionally, knowledge of BUGS/JAGS/Stan would be advantageous.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- If you are more qualified than the above, please still apply as we will also consider more senior applicants
This is a fantastic opportunity to start or develop a career within a growing organisation that specialises in biomathematical services. You will be provided with a varied experience with complex and challenging projects that will enable you to further progress your career and support your personal development.
You will be a part of a diverse, dynamic and talented multi-national team gaining exposure to high profile, global studies for multiple international pharmaceutical and biotech clients.
- A supportive and constructive working environment
- A flexible approach to working
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- A generous and flexible holiday package
- A central Edinburgh location in “Grade A” office accommodation
- A fantastic international team to work and grow with